Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running in the Heat & Dinner with an old Friend

So I've been trying to heat train so that I can get ready for the dirty 30. Let me tell you it's been hell! We've been running at noon & nothing could be hotter. My friend Caroline & I only ran two miles today and I thought I was going to die. The heat definitely zaps it out of ya! Tomorrow will be 3 miles in a/c. :)



For breakfast today, I made a mango-pineapple smoothie with coconut milk. Since it was 6 am, I didn't really think to take a picture. But the recipe is:


1/2 c. So Delicious Coconut milk
1/2 c. frozen pineapple
1/2 c. frozen mango
1 banana


I really like to always make sure I have a veggie in my smoothies, but I haven't made it to the grocery store yet. It really takes away the morning hunger pains. Especially since last night, my first encounter with Sushi Neko didn't end well. This morning I felt empty & exhausted. I try to snack lightly throughout the day to keep up my energy levels when I know I'm going to workout. I like to keep raw nuts & dried fruit close by. My favorite is dried apricots! They're delicious.


Lunch was the usual salad at Chesapeake's Wildcat. And TONIGHT---I am having dinner at CoolGreens with a dear friend, Elizabeth Tyler. **I don't always eat out, but this is a special occasion.** Liz & I have been friends from afar for awhile now, but we originally met while working @ first Applebee's & then Cheeseburger in Paradise. She generally stays in more exciting places like Europe or Arizona, but she has been so sweet to come visit!


Picture of the day: Little man passed out after school...so sweet!




Off to dinner! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment