Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!


Hi everyone! I hope you had a fabulous New Years celebration! 

For years, it has been a Suazo family tradition to spend the evening with the Hughes-Luebke family (my parent’s neighbors). We brought the XBox Kinect & food and they provided the house & the alcohol. We had a great night; a great night that included me shaking my booty! 


Tasha, Me & Vanessa 

 Here my parents were trying to play gross kissy face. I quickly reminded them of what happens when they do that...they get a monkey in the middle!

This is a classic "Jess, do something silly--don't just stand there" pose. Monster Hands!

Did you do anything fun for New Years?

Of course I didn’t have too much fun. I had a 5k this morning! I actually procrastinated signing up for this race & almost didn’t do it. I was not excited about running alone [excuse] and kept thinking I would just run the next race.



One of my friends was talking about doing a midnight race via Facebook. I told her to have fun & that I had actually wanted to do a New Years race but couldn’t find anyone to run with. Her response: 

I'm running it by myself. This year - it's less talk, more action and no excuses!”

And shortly after reading that, I made it to Best Feet Forward to get registered.  My excuse had been proven LAME! I woke up early this morning to make my green juice & get bundled up.



Besides being windy, the race was great! I ran my fastest 5k (31:51) & it was definitely the perfect start to my 2012!

I will carry Kristin’s advice with me for the rest of the year. Hopefully we can all be more action & less talk and quit making horrible excuses!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Too bad I couldn't have joined you! I left work at 5am!
    You are doing so great! Love the way you're living your life and so lucky to know some one who views a lot of things the same way I do!
    You are going to rock it this year! I gotta try to keep up with you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I went to bed at 12:15, lol. There's no way I would be run-ready if I was up that late.

      Thank you so much for your sweet words. I am so happy to know you as well. It's great to have someone else to bounce ideas off of & learn new things.

      Can't wait to run with you in 2012! It's going to be a fabulous year!

      Delete