Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Power 90...eh Power 18: The Review


Remember when I told you I was starting Power 90...remember how excited I was to complete 90 days of this fitness program...




I was so motivated. I fit in my workouts late & made it a PRIORITY for three weeks. That is 18 workouts...two videos--9 times a piece. And then I was done. Obviously there is no instant gratification in any workout plan. You must train & train & train. Eat right & workout. But if something is going to be so repetitive, I would like to see a tiny improvement...somewhere..anywhere! 



I hate to break it to Tony Horton & Beach Body Fitness...but alternating the exact same workouts for six days a week is BORING! I won’t do it. I wanted to continue my running schedule, start biking, keep attending Pilates at least once a week & start the new Barre Fusion class all while dying of boredom with Power 90. On top of that, I am still on an indoor soccer league (currently two leagues).

So it wasn’t that I couldn’t do it, I just wouldn’t do it anymore. I think this program would be great for both a beginner and/or someone looking to get in a quick workout. I’m the type of person that likes to mix things up--so although this workout didn’t work for me, it may work for someone else!

So for now, my main priority is running & mixing things up. It is so important to find something that you love & enjoy if you want to stick to any type of fitness routine.

My little sidekick. He runs too!

What workouts do you love? 

Do repetitive workouts work for you?

 Do you like knowing exactly what you will be doing or do you like to mix things up like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment